Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Lucy and Brad!


It's hard to believe that one year ago today I had just laid eyes on my daughter for the first time. I felt like I knew nothing about her yet I knew that I loved her with everything I had. It has been a joy and a privilege to watch Lucy grow and change over this past year. She went from being a helpless baby to a smiling, laughing, walking(somewhat), strong-willed little girl. Even though I now know so much about her, she is always changing and surprising me- I guess that's what makes parenthood so fun!
I thought it would be fun to list a few of Lucy's favorite things right now:
1. Books of all kinds- but she LOVES those with photographs in them.
2. Music- the girl loves to dance. She seems to be especially fond of Conway Twitty, Ted Nugent, The Sir Douglas Quintet(She's About a mover) and all cajun music(according to Brad).
3.Elmo- anything Elmo.
4. Mac-n-cheese
5. Saying "uh-oh" anytime she drops or throws anything.

I can't wait to see what the next year brings. Happy Birthday Lucy- I love you!!!

Of course, it also has to be said that today is Brad's birthday too. So Happy Birthday to the best husband and daddy that two girls could ask for. We love you!

No comments: